From THE HINDU group of publications
Sunday, July 08, 2001


Personal Finance | Next

Where to take your complaint

IF AS an investor you have complaints, whom do you approach to sort out your problems?

*If your complaint is against unlisted non-banking, non-finance companies, you have to approach the Department of Company Affairs to redress your grievances. These may be non-registration of shares, non-refund of share application monies and non-receipt of duplicate shares/dividend.

*If your plaint is against any banking or finance company, the Reserve Bank of India is the place to go.

*If the plaint is against a listed non-banking, non-finance company, the Securities and Exchange Board of India is the designated authority.

*If the problem relates to deposits of non-banking, non-finance companies, the first approach must be to the Company Law Board.

*If orders of the latter are not honoured, an investor must go to the Registrar of Companies.

*If the complaint is against companies in liquidation, investors should approach the official liquidators of the High Court.

The status of complaints with the Department of Company Affairs can be viewed on its website, -- BL Research Bureau

Section  : Personal Finance
Next     : LIC plans new benefit

Capital Offers | Stocks | Bonds & FDs | Mutual Funds | Industry | Markets | Personal Finance | Opinion | Indicators |

| Index | Site Map | Home

Copyrights © 2001 The Hindu Business Line

Republication or redissemination of the contents of this screen are expressly prohibited without the written consent of The Hindu Business Line