THE HINDU BUSINESS LINE
Financial Daily
from THE HINDU group of publications


Brand Quest | Business Line | The Hindu |

Brand Quest      (November 14, 2002)

To get answer, point at the ANSWER icon

I. THE INDIAN CORPORATE

Check your knowledge on some famous India corporations. (4 pts each)

  1. Air transportation was pioneered in India by JRD Tata in 1932 by incorporating a company under the name Tata Airlines. How do we better know this company today ?



  2. Which famous company which was initially engaged in reconditioning of air-conditioners was founded in 1943 by Indian businessman M.T.Advani ?



  3. What famous company was founded in 1979 by Anil and Jagdish Moolchandani - and almost created a new industry and social culture through its products and prominent retail chain for its range of products ?



  4. The flagship company of the Thapar Group, derives its name from a town in Maharashtra where its first paper mill was commissioned in 1953 ?



  5. One of the largest manufacturers of lead acid batteries in India in collaboration with Johnson Controls, USA , this company recently entered the car battery market with the brand Amaron. Name the brand.



II. BRAND MATCH

Some of the most famous products and service brands of the world are not prominent in India since they have not been launched officially here. Match some of these brands with the product categories they belong to. (1 pt each)

    1.  T.Rowe Price                a.  mobilephones
    2.  Brinks                      b.  Financial services
    3.  Fitch                       c.  Attorneys
    4.  Vertu                       d.  Security systems
    5.  Clifford Chance             e.  Financial credit rating
    



III. COPY TEST

Following are words picked out of the body copy of a print ad, voice-over of a TVC, or simply, a baseline for the brand. Identify the brand. (3 pts each)
  1. ' "Halke kurkure ______, halke phulke pal keliye



  2. 'Tiles with a little imagination'



  3. '90 % of homes in UK use ______ home appliances. (And the remaining 10 % are probably thinking about it.)'



  4. 'I am your idea. One day you'll look for me and I'll be gone'



  5. 'Too good to share'



IV. TAKE YOUR PICK

Select the right answer. (2 pts each)
  1. Which company owns and markets the following FMCG brands in India : Happydent, Big Babol Gum, Cofitos and Chlormint ?

    • Warner Lambert
    • Dabur
    • Perfetti
    • Parrys



  2. What is the country of origin of the telecommuniactions company Alcatel ?

    • UK
    • Sweden
    • Ericcson
    • France



  3. Which brand was in the title of a famous song by the pop group Aqua - in a derogatory manner, over which the brand sued both the record company and the pop group ?

    • Mercedes Benz
    • Chevrolet
    • Barbie
    • GI Joe



  4. What famous brnad of toiletries was founded more than two decades ago by Frenchman Oliver Bausann - capturing the region's most subtle fragrances and blending them with natural ingredients?.

    • Body Shop
    • Clarins
    • L'Occitane
    • Labarotories Garnier



  5. With which famous international brand would you identify the brand icon of a prancing horse ?

    • Peugeot
    • Ferrari
    • Alfa Romeo
    • Siemens




Brand Quest | Business Line | The Hindu |
Copyright © 2002 Business Line.

Republication or redissemination of the contents of this screen are expressly prohibited without the written consent of Business Line.