Financial Daily from THE HINDU group of publications
Wednesday, Dec 07, 2005


News
Features
Stocks
Shipping
Archives
Google

Group Sites

Corporate - Announcements


Carraro group to start production at Turbo Gears

Our Bureau

"Infrastructure development is happening in a big way here and this could possibly see us bringing in our construction equipment components at some point."

Pune , Dec. 6

THE Carraro group, which manufactures among other things driveline systems for off-highway and on-road vehicles, drives, power trains and components for global OEM majors, on Tuesday announced it will start commercial production this week at Turbo Gears India - its second manufacturing plant in India at Ranjangaon near here.

Turbo Gears, owned 80 per cent by Carraro International S.A. and 20 per cent by Carraro India (which manufactures transmission systems for tractors in joint venture with the Escorts group), will supply gears to Carraro's assembly lines globally and to Carraro India, Mr Mario Carraro, Chairman, Carraro group, told reporters. Turbo Gears is also currently in talks with OEMs in the domestic market, Mr Tomaso Carraro, member of the board, added.

The new plant, set up at an estimated cost of Rs 90 crore is a strategic move for Carraro, according to Mr Mario Carraro, who said the move is focused on strengthening its business unit components and its Asia-Pacific presence. "India is a very important market," he said.

"We plan to export 50-60 per cent of the production and service the domestic market with the remaining 40 per cent," Mr Sashank Jauhri, Chief Operating Officer, said.

Turnover from the new company, which will manufacture gears and components, is expected to touch Rs 150-160 crore in the next 3-4 years with the company planning to tap new OEMs for developing products based on their specific needs.

The group, meanwhile, is betting big on the business potential in India, according to Mr Tomaso Carraro, who said that it will take a call on bringing in its other businesses into India depending on the country's economic and industrial development.

"Infrastructure development is happening in a big way here and this could possibly see us bringing in our construction equipment components at some point," Mr Tomaso Carraro said. Carraro has production units in Italy, India, Poland, Argentina, Germany, the US and China and has among its clients John Deere, New Holland, Mahindra, Hyundai, Daewoo, Fiat Caterpillar and Piaggio.

Article E-Mail :: Comment :: Syndication :: Printer Friendly Page

More Stories on : Announcements



Stories in this Section
SAIL to pump in Rs 348 cr to modernise Rourkela Steel


Nestle India to pay second interim of Rs 18 per share
Maruti to recall 2,200 Versas
Suzlon bags China, Korea orders
Ramky group bags orders for industrial parks in several States
Carraro group to start production at Turbo Gears
MSC Power to set up solar-wind plant near Pune
Nagarjuna Construction bags National Games contract
36 firms sought RBI nod in Oct to raise overseas funds
ABB India bags Helen Keller Award
NFCL bags FAI award
Corporates under watch for tax evasion
FCI bond issue opens today
Matrix Labs to pick majority stake in Concord Biotech
Marriott's business hotel to open in Chennai
Jindal Stainless plans to enter CRGO segment
Metso Minerals plans expansion
BV Bio, BAIF in pact for livestock management
Shell yet to find partner for Hazira LNG terminal
Mukand to reduce debt-equity ratio after land sale
`Quick decisions and quick action made LG a top brand'
Reliance plans underground coal gasification projects
Punj Lloyd plans to expand engg services — To foray into hydel power, ports, airports
NMDC Director dead


The Hindu Group: Home | About Us | Copyright | Archives | Contacts | Subscription
Group Sites: The Hindu | Business Line | The Sportstar | Frontline | The Hindu eBooks | The Hindu Images | Home |

Copyright 2005, The Hindu Business Line. Republication or redissemination of the contents of this screen are expressly prohibited without the written consent of The Hindu Business Line